Wednesday, August 8, 2012

World Breastfeeding Week



Last week was world breastfeeding week.  I'm part of a local online attachment parenting group.  Two weeks ago women from the group volunteered to have pictures taken of them breastfeeding in different places in and around Chicago.  The pictures were to be used in promotional material for a breastfeeding seminar.  I volunteered to have my picture taken.

Some people might be wondering why I would do this.  Yes, I'm an advocate of breastfeeding.  I believe that it is the best thing for both baby and mom and that a woman should be able to breastfeed her baby wherever and whenever she wants.  Women should not feel ashamed of breastfeeding.  They should be encouraged in their breastfeeding journey.  New moms, especially, need to be educated about breastfeeding.  If you choose not to breastfeed, that's fine.  It's your choice and we all need to learn to accept whatever method a mom chooses to feed her child.  But as for me, I choose to breastfeed and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment