Monday, August 8, 2011

June Dates

We did it. We completed our dates for June. Only took us until August to do it. But that doesn't matter. What matters is that we took the time for ourselves and did it.

Our out date for June was to go canoeing. We hired a baby sitter for the day and rented a kayak so that we could go down the Kankakee River. Brad and I have done this a couple of times together now. We always love it. It's so peaceful floating down the river. It's a great way to spend the day, getting some sun, eating lunch on the river. We had a lot of fun.



Our "in" date (believe it or not, the one that took us forever to complete!) was to watch a classic movie. Originally we thought we'd watch a true classic, an old movie. We just didn't have any real ideas. So, we texted our youth pastor because he's a movie buff. When he asked us to define "old" we decided 80's movies could be included, too, because so many people refer to some of them as "classics." He gave us a good list to choose from and Brad decided on Sixteen Candles. Only took us a month and a half to watch the thing! We watched the movie last night. I have to be honest, I didn't like it at all. It was too scattered. There was too much going on. Silly things that just made no sense to the movie. I'm glad we watched it because I now know what people are talking about when they refer to the movie, but I really wish we had stuck with a true classic. Oh well, guess we'll have to schedule another date!

3 comments:

  1. That's such a bummer, I love Sixteen Candles! And hopefully you won't judge all 80s classics based on that movie. I'm not sure which others you've seen, but many of the 80s classics are awesome, although I know I haven't seen them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sixteen candles. Maybe you need to watch it again, with girls! that might help. I love 80's movies. Have you not seen many of them? I can recommend a few more :)
    I'd love to watch some classics, like Casablanca or Breakfast at Tiffany's. Those are ones I feel I should see, being that I do love movies, but just have never watched.
    Let me know the next time you come to GR. I'd love Micah and Charlotte to meet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen a few 80's classics. Don't worry, this didn't turn me off to 80's movies. I just felt like it was more on the lines of a stupid comedy (like the Princess Bride) than a true movie.

    I have seen both Casablanca and Breakfast at Tiffany's and loved them both. We really should have watched a true classic. And I'll definitely let you know next time we're in, Bekah. Micah would have a blast playing with Charlotte. :)

    ReplyDelete