Monday, October 31, 2011

My Baby is 1!

Wow. One year. This year has definitely flown by, but I can hardly remember when Micah was a newborn. I have learned so much this past year. I don't think I really knew what I was in for when Micah was born. I thought I did, but you can't truly know until you've had a baby.

I had no idea how full of love I could feel. I've loved my parents, my siblings, my friends, my husband, but the love I have for Micah is so different. I have given up things for him that I never thought I'd be okay giving up. I spend more time in my house because I know how important it is that he get his naps. I stay home rather than go out with my friends because I want to spend my time with him. I find fulfillment in him. He makes me complete.

He has taught me so much about Christ's love for us, too. I used to think I understood it, but I've experienced it in a whole new way now. I want nothing more than for Micah to know God and grow in his love. I know that I am his number one example. He has to see Jesus in me. That means I have to live a life of integrity. Always. What I want to see in Micah I have to live out myself. Every day I pray that Micah would just come to know God at an early age and that he would have a deep love for His Word. That means I need to read Bible stories to him, I need to memorize Scripture with him.

I have learned so much from my baby boy. I am so grateful for the opportunity to continue learning from him. I look forward to many more birthdays. And in closing, can you believe how much my little man has grown?!

No comments:

Post a Comment