Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Great Cloth Diaper Change

On Saturday, Micah and I participated in The Great Cloth Diaper Change. It was cloth diapering's attempt at getting in the Guiness Book of World Records. People all around the world changed a cloth diaper at the exact same time. We attended the event at our favorite cloth diaper store, Cutie Poops and Bottoms. It was so much fun!

Micah and I had to pre-register in order to participate. When we got there, there were a bunch of raffles that we could register for. I even ended up winning a free month to Stroller Strides (which is awesome because I was already planning on joining this spring/summer)! Then, we made our way to the changing room where 74 other babies and their parent were waiting to get their diaper changed. It was so cool to be a part of, and it was awesome to see so many other cloth diapering families. I especially liked seeing so many people wearing their babies in different slings/carriers as that is something Micah and I really enjoy and we rarely see other people doing.

After the change, Micah go to sit on the Easter Bunny's lap. He handled it very well and didn't cry at all. Then, we walked over to the fire engine and he got to sit inside the truck. He loved all the commotion! It was a great day, and I really hope that we get to participate again next year!




No comments:

Post a Comment