Monday, December 19, 2011

Advent Days 11, 12, and 13

Since I'm a bit behind blogging I'm going to do three days of our advent calendar today. The first was to write a letter to a family member. My sister, Brittan, just recently moved out of my parents' house and into her own apartment. I know how much I love getting mail so I thought we should write to her. I got one of our Christmas cards out and wrote a little message from Micah. Then, I gave him a pen and the card and pushed him up to the table and let him scribble for a minute. He wasn't sure what to do at first, but then when he saw the pen writing he got really excited. I was slightly worried that he was going to write all over my table so it didn't last too long, but he still got some of his own writing in. :)



Day 12 our activity was to cut down our Christmas tree. This is a tradition Brad and I started two years ago, our second Christmas together. We went to Tammen Treeberry Farm and drove around for quite a while before finding our tree. Brad took us way out back and I thought for sure we were going to get stuck in the mud. We ended up finding our tree in the same spot we found it last year--pretty close to the front. Leave it to a man to have to drive out of the way! :) Anyway, we found a great tree and Micah loved walking around once we got out of the car. He really liked touching all the trees and kept saying, "Wow!"




Our activity for Day 13 was to go sledding or ice skating. Well, there wasn't enough snow for us to go sledding and Micah is obviously too young to go ice skating. However, we did go to Chicago Children's Museum this past weekend. And they have a special winter exhibit complete with an "ice rink." So, we took Micah's shoes off and let him go. Just so you know, there was no ice, it was just a slightly slipper floor. :) He had a blast. The big kids were throwing "snowballs" and Micah wanted to get in on the action! I think it was good for his first time ice skating, but I can't wait to take him to a real ice rink!

No comments:

Post a Comment