Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Countdown Part 3

We've been working hard to catch up with our Easter countdown so that we don't leave any activity undone! So, without any further ado, here's what we've been up to...

Day 4 our activity was to visit the Easter bunny. It took a couple days for me to find where the bunny would be at a time that worked for us. We finally ended up just going to the mall. My sister, Brittany, went with us and was nice enough to sneak some photos with my camera so I didn't have to pay an arm and a leg for them!

I know, some of you know that the Easter bunny does not actually come to our house, so why would we go visit him? Our thought process is twofold: First, if I were to find out that Lightning McQueen (Micah's favorite right now!) was somewhere, I would definitely take Micah to meet him. The Easter bunny is just another character so why not? Second, it's still something fun to do. When Micah is old enough we will tell him the story of Easter and why we celebrate this day. And he will be told about why some people say the Easter bunny comes to their house. If he's interested, he can go see the bunny, but he will know the truth about the holiday and how the bunny is for fun. But we're not trying to take the "fun" out of Easter so we have no problem letting him go for a visit (or rather forcing him to sit on this strange white creature's lap!).

Micah was very excited as we were waiting in line. He kept pointing at the bunny and wanting to go up there on his own. And when it was our turn, he started to run up, but stopped about halfway and just froze. I managed to coax him closer. We tried touching the bunny, but he didn't want any of that. So, I held him. As you can see from the pictures, Micah just wanted to get away! But we did get a decent picture of the two of us with the bunny.






Our activity for day 6 was to put together an Easter basket for a needy child. I expected our church to have an Easter basket drive like they usually do, but they didn't this year so I had no idea who to give a basket to. So, we were unable to do this activity, but I'll be better prepared for next year!

Day 9 our activity was a special Easter surprise. I combined this one with visiting the Easter bunny. We met Auntie Brittany at the mall and after visiting the bunny Micah got to play a bit with her. Then, he rode the carousel for the first time. He loved it! He just laughed and squealed the whole time! Micah had a really fun morning with his auntie. :)




We got to color eggs for our Day 10 activity! Micah was very curious about what was going on. He tried several times to drink the dye and when he couldn't drink it, he wanted to stick his hands in it. It's hard to be patient, especially when he didn't know what was happening, but he still did pretty good. I can't wait for him to have a better understanding of the process next year and be more involved in the dying!





I only have two more days to catch up on and they will both be done today. I probably won't post until after Easter, though. Hope you all have a very blessed Resurrection Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment