Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cheesecake Bars

I love to bake. It's kind of a new found love. Growing up my mom always baked us cookies or cupcakes. I would be so upset because while everyone else was bringing Oreos or Chips A Hoy I had homemade chocolate chip, peanut butter, and sugar cookies. I begged my mom to buy us store brand treats. But she never would.

Now that I'm an adult I've discovered that I, too, love to bake. I especially love finding new recipes and trying them out. For Christmas a couple years ago I asked for a cake mix cookbook. I had heard about these cookbooks. It gave all kinds of recipes of things you could make using a cake mix. From a family grab bag, I received 101 Things to do With a Cake Mix. I love this cookbook. I have tried so many recipes from it. Pretty much every family party now I bring out the cookbook and find a new recipe. All of the recipes are so easy and require very few ingredients. Now, when people make fun of my cabinet (which may or may not have about 10 cake mixes in it) I remind them of all the wonderful treats I've made with my cake mixes. That usually shuts them up!

Here's one of my go-to favorites. It's very easy to make and tastes so good!

Cheesecake Bars

Bottom Layer:
1 yellow cake mix
1 stick margarine, melted and cooled
1 egg, beaten

Top Layer:
1 pound powdered sugar
2 eggs, beaten
8 oz. cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350.
Add cake mix and beaten egg to melted margarine. Spread mixture into bottom of a greased and floured 9 x 13 pan.

In a separate bowl, mix together powdered sugar, eggs, softened cream cheese, and vanilla until smooth. Spread mixture over bottom layer.

Bake 30-35 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment