Sunday, June 19, 2011

My First Father's Day

Prepare yourself! Dad posting here.

I just wanted to pop in and say a few words, being that it is my first Father's Day. The day itself was quite perfect. Having seen both father and father-in-law previously in the week (and our plans for a trip derailed), it allowed our small family of 3 a day to do whatever I chose. We headed downtown for a day on the town, well not the whole town, just Navy Pier. It was the perfect day just walking around and being downtown and on the lake. Perfect weather. It was wonderful.

Now, being a father is not just about today, but it's about everyday. I enjoy the every-days that I get to spend with Micah. Here are a couple of my favorites of the past 7 odd months.

- Putting Micah to sleep, him falling asleep in my arms or on my shoulder.

- Watching him explore the world, being focused on each new thing with determination that shuts out the rest of the world.

- The smiles that he gives me when I make silly noises.

- Recently, he mimics the sounds I make, so we can have a conversation of "oohs, aahs and AAAHs"

Those are just a few highlights, but like I said, it's not just today, but it's everyday that I get to enjoy life with my son. Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering if you were ever going to join in on the fun! :) Glad you had a good first Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete