Thursday, June 2, 2011

May 31, 2000

I know I'm a couple days late, but better late than never, right? May 31st is an important date to Brad and me. It's the day we first started dating.

Brad and I met in high school. We were in the same sophomore chemistry class. Yes, my corny husband loves that we met in chemistry...afterall we have a little "chemistry" between us. Haha... Interestingly enough neither one of us was interested in the other initially. In fact, the only thing Brad was interested in was seeing my homework. And the only thing I was interested in was playing Tetris on his calculator. We had a very laid-back teacher. Sometimes I wonder how we managed to learn anything in that class. But, anyway. Really it all started because we went to a dance together. See, I really wanted to go to the dance but none of my friends were going and he wanted to go because all of his friends were going, but he didn't have a date. So, we decided to go together.

After the dance we had a friend serve as our intermediary. She basically told Brad I liked him and told me Brad liked me. Sneaky girl! We spent the next several weeks (months?) exchanging notes, e-mails, and phone calls. Every night at 9:00 we talked on the phone and I could count on a note in my locker every day. Finally, we decided to hang out one day after our finals. So, we went to Brad's house and hung out on his patio. We played on his trampoline and when it started to rain we went inside to watch "Big Daddy" (a cruel joke because I told him that when I first saw the movie I cried like a baby). When Brad took me home he asked me to be his girlfriend while we were sitting in his car in my driveway.

And that's the beginning of our story. :)

The oldest picture of us I could find on my computer:

No comments:

Post a Comment