Friday, October 19, 2012

Day 13: Go through scrapbook supplies and Day 14: Clean out bathroom supplies

It's been a busy week.  We have Micah's birthday party tomorrow and with limited time on the computer, I just haven't gotten around to blogging this week.  But I'm back and I will do my best to catch up in the next couple of days.

Day 13 our activity was to go through my scrapbook supplies.  It is so easy to acquire a lot of scrapbook paper and embellishments.  Any time I go to Archiver's I want to buy all kinds of things!  It's hard to resist the adorable paper and stickers to go along with it!  In the past, I had a habit of just buying what looked cute and figuring out how to use it later.  That has left me with a lot of adorable paper that I just don't know what to do with (but I WILL use it someday...honest).  Now, I do my scrapbooking at the store.  I only buy what I will use right then.  It has worked out great!  Sure, I miss out on a lot of cute paper and embellishments, but it also means that I'm not wasting money on things I won't actually use.  And, most of my stuff is girly, but I have boys so most of my scrapbooking time lately has been spent with boy stuff.  So, now that I've changed the way that I scrapbook it's really time that I go through what I have and get rid of the things that I know I just won't use.

But I have to be honest, I haven't actually done this yet.  I had every intention but Brad was working and Judah wasn't cooperating and then I just forgot about it.  So, it will get done, it just hasn't been done yet.

Day 14 was to clean out the bathroom supplies.  Brad and I are so lucky to have two full bathrooms.  And I try to coupon so when I find a good deal on toiletries I stock up.  Most of our extra bathroom supplies are stored in our downstairs bathroom.  As well as other "cosmetic" products, such as sunscreen, bug spray, etc.  Our basket of supplies was just getting ridiculous, so I went through it and got rid of a bunch of almost empty shampoo bottles (Brad doesn't use conditioner so he can finish off my shampoo bottles when my conditioner runs out first) and old lotion that I will never use.  I actually put together a little bag of items to give to GoodWill.  Perfectly good items that just aren't my taste but I was holding on to anyway (why?!).  And now the bathroom looks a lot less cluttered.  Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment