Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Day 17: Go on a date and Day 18: Work on home management binder

I have a confession to make.  I still love spending time with my husband.  I hope that all of you who read this feel like that's not something worth confessing because you feel the same way.  And that's the way it should be.

I love spending time with Brad.  When he's at work, I miss him.  If we have several days in a row where we're so busy that we don't get much time just the two of us I start to get crabby.  When I have an opportunity to go away for a weekend with friends I always almost say no because I know I will miss Brad.  In a perfect world, Brad would not have to go to work ever.  I would much prefer he stay home with us every day.

But we don't live in a perfect world.  The world we live in is one in which our five-month-old son won't take a bottle.  And cries if Mommy's not putting him to bed.  In our world, we have an almost two-year-old who we love reading bedtime stories to.  In our world, Brad works every third weekend.  And anywhere from two to five nights a week.  It can be really hard to carve out time just the two of us.

But we know how important it is that we make time for just us.  Yes, we're Mommy and Daddy, but we're also Husband and Wife.  And we need to continue to nurture that relationship.  So we are firm believers in a regular date night.  But it's not something we've practiced very well since Judah was born.  So, we decided to get creative this month and go on a date that worked for us. 

We stayed in one night.  After the boys went to bed, we used a cheater from the Daniel Fast and ordered pizza.  Yep, at 9:00 at night.  We were going to get a movie, too, but we knew one of us (*cough, Brad, cough*) would fall asleep during it.  So, instead we watched a show on NetFlix and just hung out the two of us.  It was perfect.  And very much needed.  Sure, we'd love to be able to go out on a date and do something fun like we used to, but we're going to make the most of the situation we're in.  And this month that meant pizza and TV after bedtime!

Day 18 my task was to work on the home management binder.  Basically, I added more information to the papers I had already printed and I hole punched the papers to put them in the binder.  I already had page dividers so I just had to label them.  I also want to make a nice cover, but I haven't been able to do that yet.  There's still more to do, but it's coming along and I think it will be ready to use come November.  As we use it, we will discover more of what we need and how to make it really work for us.  I'm actually super excited about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment