Monday, October 22, 2012

Day 15: Clean out the closets and Day 16: Pick life verse for the boys and display

Day 15 the task was to clean out the closets.  This is something that has kind of been done along with other tasks.  But the focus this time was on the closets.  I cleaned out the coat closet downstairs and got rid of all our extra hats and gloves.  I have no idea how we got so many!  I also went through each of our bedroom closets.  The one thing that I got rid of that was really hard was my collection of Piglets.  I've been collecting Piglets since I was in high school.  I can't remember for sure who got me my first one, but I've gotten Piglets from Brad, friends, even people that I used to baby sit for.  When I was younger I thought I was going to have a Classic Pooh nursery for my baby and the Piglets would go in the nursery.  Now that we have children, I've chosen a less theme-y nursery and the Piglets have just been sitting in the closet.  I finally decided that it was time to get rid of them.  I'm not a big fan of stuffed animals so I figured it was time to stop holding on to them. 

Day 16 Brad and I chose Bible verses for each of our boys.  It was not hard because we had already chosen verses for the boys when we named them.  We chose verses to pray over the boys regularly.  Verses that reflect what we hope for them.  The plan is to display them in their rooms eventually, but I have yet to find exactly how I want to do that.  So, in the mean time, we are tracing their hands and writing the verse on them to keep in our Bibles.  Micah's verse is Micah 6:8 "And what does the Lord require of you?  To do justice, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God."  Judah's verse is Genesis 29:35 "This time I will praise the Lord."  It is our prayer that the boys will always hold these verses close to their hearts and that their lives will reflect them.

No comments:

Post a Comment