Friday, October 5, 2012

Day 3: Go through adult wardrobes and Day 4: Start home management binder

Day 3 our activity was to go through the adult wardrobes.  This is something we do every fall and spring when it's time to change out the clothes.  However, both Brad and I are still holding on to some clothes that we really shouldn't be.  Whether it's a favorite shirt that is starting to look old and tattered or a pair of pants that don't fit anymore.  So, we decided it was time to be ruthless with our wardrobes.



You might be wondering what cleaning out our wardrobes has to do with focusing on God.  We have so much stuff.  Honestly, it's sad.  We packed up three big garbage bags plus one more bag for my sister to go through of clothes.  That we had that  much clothes in our closets that we really don't need anymore is kind of ridiculous.  It's clutter in our house.  And it shows where our hearts truly are.  We're so worried about how we look and what others think of us that sometimes we forget that God looks at the inside, not the outside.  Cleaning out our wardrobes is like telling God that we know our clothes aren't that important and we're willing to get ride of a shirt that we look good in because we know we'll honestly never wear it again.

In full disclosure, I do have to admit that my closet is practically empty.  I will definitely be buying some new fall/winter clothes for myself, but it will be clothes that I wear regularly, not clothes that will be collecting dust in my closet or drawers.

Today our activity was to start a home management binder.  This is something I've been wanting to do for a while.  I think it's great to have all important information in one place.  This is a big undertaking so I've actually split this activity up into three different days. 

I started by looking online at some examples of home management binders.  This was my favorite site for resources.  I decided what sections I wanted to start with in my binder and found some printables.  Then, I started filling the printables in with information.  I'll go through our binder in more detail when it's finished.

This is a great organizational tool and I think the less time I spend looking for papers and numbers that are in this binder the more time I can spend with my family.  And that's what this month is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment